Spring has sprung on Cape Cod. The weather is warmer, the days are longer, and everything looks just that little big greener. After being cooped up all winter, we can’t wait to start dining al fresco and enjoying the nicer weather We’ve teamed up with Paine’s Patio in Bourne to bring you a few quick and easy tips and tricks to update your outdoor area.
- FIRE PITS – Fire Pits are the hot new trend in outdoor living spaces and with good reason. Doug Shearer, owner of Paine’s Patio in Bourne says, “Fire pits would be my first choice. A fire pit will add to the length of your outdoor season” So even when the nights are a bit chilly you can still stay outside enjoying the stars.
- PILLOWS – Gone are the days of having only having waterproof furnishings outdoors. “Throw pillows will add a splash of color and comfort to existing furniture at a small expense,” says Shearer,” Also, new cushions for the furniture can make an old sofa look new.” Here’s another good tip from Paine’s Patio: Never get rid of old cushions until you have the new in hand. Measurements maybe needed from the old cushions to order new ones as there are thousands of different sizes for outdoor chairs!
- ACCESSORIZE – Inexpensive small touches can make a big difference. Twinkling lights or tiki torches, throw rugs, or dividers can spruce up your area without breaking the bank. Your accessories can be of the living kind as well. Keep it green by adding potted plants on decks or creating a vertical garden with climbing plants.
- FURNITURE – If you’ve looked around and thought there’s no helping my tired old patio furniture or you’ve just outgrown the small set you have, new furniture is the best way to make a big impact. “There are new looks coming out every day. From a small space to large commercial project you can find just the right piece or pieces to make the space yours,” says Shearer.
- SHADY DAYS – Umbrellas are another great way to bring in color and create a new outdoor setting. Doug Shearer says, “There are new looks, sizes, and materials out there for umbrellas. With hundreds of Sunbrella fabric choice there are color options to fit any decor.”
With these easy tips, you’re sure to have the most popular patio on your street or a perfect oasis of peace!